Nagasaki Kitty - Japanese Language Edition
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
It has been two days since the bombing of Nagasaki. There are horrible rumors circulating about what has happened within the city, but Ayako does not care. She needs to find Mama!
Experience two game modes, story mode and exploration mode, and play in English or Japanese.
- Play as 10-year old Ayako as she navigates the city of Nagasaki in the aftermath of the atomic bombing.
- Team-up with Koko, a stray cat found wandering the city.
- Meet and assist the other survivors of the city.
- Explore and discover hidden areas and landscapes.
- Search the city to find Ayako's mother.
- Complete the story to unlock a post-game exploration mode.
- Search the map for secret areas and quests that you missed in the story mode.
- Discover development notes that describe how the game was designed.
- Find historical notes that outline how the history of the atomic bombing in Nagasaki was adapted to the game.
- Both the Story and Exploration Mode content is fully translated into Japanese for Intermediate to Advanced students.
- Practice your language skills through comparative play sessions.
- Observe the nuances of cultural translation through play.
- A workbook with a vocabulary chart of key terms with translation is included for easy reference.
Nagasaki Kitty is an educational game based on historical research designed to better inform Western audiences about the atomic bombs. It has been translated as a study tool for intermediate to advanced Japanese language students.
This page is a bundle of the English and Japanese versions of our game. Please go to the Nagasaki Kitty Team page if you are looking to purchase only the English version of Nagasaki Kitty.
For more information and updates please like and follow on social media
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.